Steps for new students
Getting started at Germanna is easy. We never charge an application fee and we're always enrolling. Applications are accepted year-round. Get started as early as possible to ensure you're ready in time to start your classes.
Step 1: Prepare
Step 2: Apply to Germanna
Apply for financial aid & scholarships
Most students are eligible for some type of financial aid or tuition assistance. Over 70 local scholarships are available just for Germanna students.
Step 3: Attend orientation, register, and pay
Applying to Germanna
- You only need to apply once
- There is no deadline to apply but we encourage you to apply as early as possible.
- Include your social security number if you plan to apply for Financial Aid
- After completing your application, note your student ID number, username, and temporary password
- You will receive an email invitation to meet with your admissions coach within 24 hours after completing your application
- Your Germanna student email will be accessible after you enroll in your classes. Check your Germanna email account often for important communication from the college
Applying for Financial Aid
- Apply for financial aid each year you plan to attend Germanna.
- Before completing the FAFSA, the student (and parent, if necessary) must create a federal student aid id (FSA ID). The FSA ID is used to sign your FAFSA electronically
- You will be selected for verification if you complete your FAFSA before you graduate from high school. Once you have graduated, provide a copy of your diploma by clicking on the High School Completion link in your Student Center page under To Do List in MyGCC.